Home Sweet Home! Welcome home!

Home Sweet Home! Welcome home!

To the rescue!

To the rescue!

After the storm

After the storm

P-Day Hike

P-Day Hike

All wet!

All wet!

Flooding

Flooding

Bagio, Tropical Storm

Bagio, Tropical Storm

A day to remember!

A day to remember!

Zone or General Conference

Zone or General Conference

Elder K and gummies

Elder K and gummies

Street sitting

Street sitting

Jogging on the beach

Jogging on the beach

Elder K 21st Birthday

Elder K 21st Birthday

Birthday Mango Icecream

Birthday Mango Icecream

Elder Verzo - Big Boss!

Elder Verzo - Big Boss!

Elder Verzo new comp

Elder Verzo new comp

Mission Tour

Mission Tour

The Best Zone Ever! My comp circled

The Best Zone Ever!  My comp circled

Teaching with Elder Misbach

Teaching with Elder Misbach

Leganez w/Pablero Family

Leganez w/Pablero Family

Zone Leaders Conference

Zone Leaders Conference

Iloilo Zone

Iloilo Zone

Filipino Smile

Filipino Smile

Elder Misbach's back

Elder Misbach's back

Elder K face

Elder K face

Big pig!

Big pig!

Clothes dryer on the beach

Clothes dryer on the beach

The Seduco Wedding!

The Seduco Wedding!

Hookey bobbin in the Philippines!!

Hookey bobbin in the Philippines!!

Three Iloilo kids

Three Iloilo kids

Iloilo lil boy

Iloilo lil boy

Happy mug shot

Happy mug shot

Digging it

Digging it

Grocery Shopping

Grocery Shopping

Airport scene

Airport scene

Iloilo Trio!

Iloilo Trio!

Yum yum green and all!

Yum yum green and all!

The Fearless Duo

The Fearless Duo

Hiy-ya!

Hiy-ya!

A little out of focus, but happy!

A little out of focus, but happy!

Heleman Warriors?

Heleman Warriors?

Baptism Rhea, Geneva & Dave

Baptism Rhea, Geneva & Dave

Me and Elder Booth w/face paint

Me and Elder Booth w/face paint

Sheryl's Baptism

Sheryl's Baptism

Baptized in July

Baptized in July

Basking in the Light

Basking in the Light

Monday, January 3, 2011

Wk 61 New Year!



HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     The transfer week is over. The office is done. Finished. Wala na. I would have to say I got to go out with a bang though. Well in terms of wordly things. We got to stay in a hotel and have HOT SHOWERS! My first in one year. I felt like i was sinning, but now I am back to showering with cold water. With just a bucket and a dipper to pour on my body. :)
     I have to say I am really going to miss my area in Molo, 6 months in one area. That is a lot of time to be in an area. I will miss the awesome investigators there and the members. But Time moves on and Heavenly Father now wants me to serve as the Zone Leader in the Iloilo North Zone.  I am actually not to far from everything familiar. Being in the office I was able to actually visit my apartment that I didn't know I would be living in.                       
     We live in an area called Leganes. It is a little bit North of the Iloilo city. We have a nice chapel here and it seems to be neat ward. I am living in a apartment with 4 elders. 2 other Pinoy's. My companion is the wildest guy in the mission. He is from Orem.  He’s is a little bit younger than me in the misson and he is hilarious and we get along great. We are both super excited to work together and help the zone as much as we can.
     Our mission is still trying to get rid of a lot of false tradition from the past. So it is me and Elder Misbach’s (that’s my new companion, elder Misbach) job to kind of set the good example. Being in the office and now as zone leader you get to hear alot about the problems missionaries seem to stir up. The first day in my new area, we already had to deal with some...well things. Its been fun though.
     Our area is huge compared to the last area in Molo. We can jump on a jeepny (bus like vehicle used for transportation) for thirty minutes and still be in our area.
     :) This next week we will be pretty busy getting this going smooth in our area, after it just split. And we have some zone leader trainings and councels which will be fun.
     I am finding myself having a harder time again writing letters. I am used to being in a nice cool room with a computer all to myself at the office when I write to you.  Now I am at a little like internet shop were they play dirty rap music and little kids are playing shooter games all around me. But don't worry....
     OH I am glad you got the package. Good thing it made it there and fast too.
     The language is the same here, its kind of a blessing.
Well I think that is about it for now. I just love you all, and really hope everyone is doing well. Take care over there on the American Continent. Love you
-Elder Kirschbaum
I will try to send pictures next week of my new comp and scenery and such. Palannga taka.

No comments:

Post a Comment